Home Invasions are Predicted to be at their Highest Levels in Years during these economic tough times.
DID YOU KNOW...
- There are an over 2,300,000 annual burglaries nationwide, with an annual loss by victims of approximately $3.1 billion.
- Homes without security systems are almost 3.6 times more likely to be targeted by a burglar.
- A burglary takes place every 12 seconds and produces an average loss of $1,675 per event.
- This year, one in six homes will be burglarized.
- Burglars will spend no longer than 1 minute to break into a home.
- 60% of residential burglaries occur during the daylight hours.
- Most burglars look for: Something worth stealing, easy access combined with low visibility and a home that is unoccupied.